July 8, 2016
RESERVE YOUR SPOT HERE
to enter your team in the Blackberry Brigade blackberry picking competition!
Teams pick blackberries along Raleigh greenways and then bring their berry haul to be weighed in to see who has the most berry poundage! Winners win prizes, and berries get sold to local chefs to raise money for the Raleigh Food Corridor. Celebrate afterwards with the Second Saturday Jamboree!
WHEN: Saturday, July 8. You can pick all morning, but Weigh-In is from 4-5 PM.
WHO: You! And your team of 1-5 people.
WHERE: Pick berries all around town (we’ll provide you with a map of berry hot spots!). Weigh-In and Jamboree at Raleigh City Farm (800 N Blount St, Raleigh).
HOW: Register your team online ahead of time here. You can also choose to include official blackberry brigade t-shirts for you and your team members with your registration!
- The Picking. Teams pick blackberries along Raleigh greenways throughout the day (don’t worry, we’ll email you a map of berry hot spots 24 hours before the brigade).
- The Weigh-In. Teams then bring their berry haul to Raleigh City Farm to be weighed in to see who has the most berry poundage! Weigh-in deadline is 5 PM.
- The Prizes. The winning team and runners up will receive some fantastic prizes from local businesses including Deco Raleigh, Yellow Dog Bread Company, Oak City Cycling, and Kimbap Cafe! Prizes will be awarded starting at 5:15 PM.
- The Cause. You can choose to keep your berries OR –better yet- donate them and package them to be sold to local chefs, with all proceeds going to the Raleigh Food Corridor!
- The Jamboree. Various berry-themed activities for teams to enjoy will also take place at the weigh-in site from 4 PM on as part of the Second Saturday Jamboree! More details coming soon!
FANTASTIC PRIZES YOU SAY?
Special thanks to Deco Raleigh, Yellow Dog Bread Co, Oak City Cycling, and Kimbap Cafe for their prize contributions.