July 9, 2016
RESERVE YOUR SPOT HERE
to enter your team in the Blackberry Brigade blackberry picking competition!
Teams pick blackberries along Raleigh greenways and then bring their berry haul to be weighed in to see who has the most berry poundage! Winners win prizes, and berries get sold to local chefs to raise money for the Raleigh Food Corridor. Celebrate afterwards with the Second Saturday Jamboree!
WHEN: Saturday, July 9. You can pick all morning, but Weigh-In is from 2-4 PM.
WHO: You! And your team of 1-5 people.
WHERE: Pick berries all around town (we’ll provide you with a map of berry hot spots!). Weigh-In and Jamboree at Raleigh City Farm (800 N Blount St, Raleigh).
- The Picking. Teams pick blackberries along Raleigh greenways all morning long (don’t worry, we’ll email you a map of berry hot spots 24 hours before the brigade).
- The Weigh-In. Teams then bring their berry haul to Raleigh City Farm to be weighed in to see who has the most berry poundage! Weigh-in deadline is 4 PM.
- The Prizes. The winning team and runners up will receive some fantastic prizes! See full list of sponsors below. Prizes will be awarded starting at 4:15 PM.
- The Cause. You can choose to keep your berries OR –better yet- donate them and package them to be sold to local chefs, with all proceeds going to the Raleigh Food Corridor!
- The Jamboree. Various berry-themed activities for teams to enjoy will also take place at the weigh-in site from 2 PM on as part of the Second Saturday Jamboree, including a Pine Cone Piedmont Council of Traditional Music Youth Jam and Blackberry art with local artist, Linda Dallas!
FANTASTIC PRIZES YOU SAY?
Special thanks to our prize sponsors for making this event possible!