July 14, 2018
RESERVE YOUR SPOT HERE
to enter your team in the Blackberry Brigade blackberry picking competition!
Teams pick blackberries along Raleigh greenways and then bring their berry haul to be weighed in to see who has the most berry poundage! Winners win prizes, and berries get sold to local chefs to raise money for Raleigh City Farm!
WHEN: Saturday, July 14. You can pick all morning, but Weigh-In is from 11 AM – 12 PM.
WHO: You! And your team of 1-5 people.
WHERE: Pick berries all around town (we’ll provide you with a map of berry hot spots!). Weigh-In and food and drink for sale at Raleigh City Farm (800 N Blount St, Raleigh).
HOW: Register your team online ahead of time here. You can also choose to include official blackberry brigade t-shirts for you and your team members with your registration!
- The Picking. Teams pick blackberries along Raleigh greenways throughout the day (don’t worry, we’ll email you a map of berry hot spots 24 hours before the brigade).
- The Weigh-In. Teams then bring their berry haul to Raleigh City Farm to be weighed in to see who has the most berry poundage! Weigh-in deadline is 12 PM.
- The Prizes. The winning team and runners up will receive some fantastic prizes from Deco Raleigh, Larry’s Coffee, Oak City Cycling, and more! Prizes will be awarded starting at 12:15 PM.
- The Cause. You can choose to keep your berries OR –better yet- donate them and package them to be sold to local chefs, with all proceeds going to Raleigh City Farm!
- Food & Drink. Food and drink for sale during Weigh-In to support Raleigh City Farm! More details coming soon!
FANTASTIC PRIZES YOU SAY?
Thank you to our prize sponsors below!
Oak City Cycling